Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sweetest Thing...

NIXYN is here!
Born Monday January 26th at 9:01 am
7lbs 11oz 21.3 inches long

Yay! I can't believe she is finally here, She is perfect! And we can't imagine life without her. Billy and I went into the hospital at 3:00pm on Sunday, did paper work got to our room relaxed while the nurse did her thing. She checked me at about 4:00 and right after that I started to have contractions, she put the gel in and I continued having contractions 2-5 minutes apart. The contractions were intense, I wasn't expecting to have any until they started me on petocin the next morning but I had them all night. At 10:00pm I was only dilated to a 2! I was so bummed that all those contractions hadn't done much and I was hurting bad but didn't want to get an epidural to soon so they gave me a sleeping pill and some pain medicine to help me get some rest. I didn't sleep well but it did help me relax and at 2:00am I reached for the call button bc the pain was getting bad and to my surprise my water broke! So I said to the nurse I either peed myself or my water broke.. She checked me and I was dilated to a six so I said bring on the epidural! They started me on the petocin to get things moving faster but I was only on it for an hour and they stopped it bc Nixyn didn't like it. They checked me at 8:00am and I was dilated to a ten but the nurse had me wait to push till Nixyn dropped down a little more, so at about 8:45 she had me push, I pushed 3 times and she told me to stop bc Nixyn was right there but then she noticed the heart rate dropped and wasn't coming back up so she had me push again and they called my doctor, She was in sugery so the nurse yelled for any doctor to come and continued to have me push, my doctor made it right in time for my last push got the cord off from around her neck and laid her on me! It was amazing! I was preparing myself for the same horrible labor I had with Avree and it was a million times easier! I had a great nurse and my epidural worked the whole time! I pushed a total 15 minutes! And here she is! She is beautiful.


Nixyn
And Avree in the same outfit, Nixyns features are a little different than Avree but Billy and I think they look pretty similar. They both have long beautiful eye lashes!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! Congrats... I have been waiting all day for an update, and I have been blog-stalking other members of your family to see pics of the girl.

She is so cute. She has amazing looking eyes-- just like Avree and her mom!

Ashley said...

Congratulations! She is BEAUTIFUL! So glad that your labor went well too!:)

Kim & Max Willis family said...

how cute is she!congrats

Katie said...

What a beautiful baby! Congrats you guys!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

So glad she's here safe and sound.. We all Love her and can't get enough of her, you did great...

Malissa said...

Yay for an easier delivery!! And yay for epidurals and modern day technology!! She looks so sweet!

Kim said...

Congrats! She is so cute!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

oh, she is so gorgeous!! Hope you and Nixyn are feeling good- Congratulations!!

Kristy said...

She is very cute!!

Cara said...

YAY! So glad to hear that things went smoothly. And that she wasn't to big. Just right. And so adorable. Can't wait to see her in person. :) Congrats!!

Kristy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! what a cutie I think she resembles Hallie.

Love ya Sandy

Maren and Casey McDowell said...

HOW adorable!!!! Well done my friend well done!!!!

Chris and Heather said...

With an "easy" labor like that, now she must be your favorite daughter. Hmm... Av is going have to kick up the cuteness a notch! :) So happy for you!

The Bozemans said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She's BEAUTIFUL, just like Avree. It's funny because the whole time you talk about how much pain you were in and how difficult it was, then at the end you say, "It was easy!" Makes me a little nervous to have kids! Haha. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

She is the most beautiful newborn!! I can't believe how alert she looks! Great Grandma Baker told me she was beautiful and it is so true!!

Yummies by Kimmy said...

Hannah - she is so pretty!!! Congrats!!

Shanan and Danica said...

She is so cute!!

The Holyoaks said...

Could she look any more perfect! Glad you're well. Congrats Hannah Banana!

Janie said...

If ever I feel tired or stressed, I just think of you, having a hooligan 18 month old and a new born!!! You are my hero. She is a perfect baby - cute name too. Good job.

Alexa Mae said...

HANNAH, she is perfect. look at her perfect little face. she is an absolute doll. congratulations!! so glad everything went good!